Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tank, Katie Tank

About Me...

Me
I realized I hadn't really explained myself and by myself I of course mean me. My name is Katie, it's short for Kathryn, and I hate being called Kathy. I grew up in Ridgecrest, a very small town in the middle of the Mojave desert. I am the third child and 2nd daughter of my parents Jim and Louise. I have two brothers one older, Dennis,  one younger, Ben and an older sister, Jennifer. I recently turned 24.

 In High School I was a cheerleader for two years, and I was (in my opinion) a pretty friendly person. After I graduated I tried traditional college and really wasn't able to focus. A year or so later I was living in Chico going to beauty college studying manicuring and skin care ( I don't style hair, though I might want to go back to school for it some day) and loving every minute, I also attended Message Therapy school and am certified in that too. After school was over and my one year lease was up on my apartment, I moved back to Ridgecrest to be with my family, and work at a wonderful salon and spa called Madison Avenue. I lived and worked in Ridgecrest for four years after that, and a lot happened, but the biggest being the loss of my mom in 2009.

John and Me
A little over a year ago, I was lucky enough to meet a fantastic man by the name of John Jones, and a few weeks later he was mine, and I haven't let him go since. Shortly after meeting John I got to meet Merle, John's dog, who is a  aussie/retriever mix and is just so smart and sweet. About two months after we started dating I decided I want a dog all my own which led to us getting Molly, who is...well we're not too sure, but she's small, cute and can jump really high. Together we are a happy little family. 
Molly and Merle

In August when John got a job offer in Chico, we jumped at the opportunity to move to a cooler climate in a more northern part of the state. So we packed up a budget truck and my truck, and drove 8 hours, signed the papers for our house and moved in. A month later my best friend, Salena, moved in with us, when she made the move from Ridgecrest to Chico.


I have a ton of hobbies, including but not limited to, crafts, cooking, decorating, photography, the ukulele, computer science, web design, and I'm always looking for new and fun things to try. John is an avid cyclist and commutes to work by bike everyday, he has built me two bikes, and most of our friends ride, so we spend a lot of time pedaling our weekends away around town or through the park. 
Me being silly





My life is very happy, I do my best to not let sad things get to me. I love making people happy, joking around and being silly. My life is pretty balanced but it never stops being exciting.
 I hope you think it's as fun and exciting as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment